What do I need to submit?

  • Result(s) indicating that you have satisfied the University entrance requirements and/or condition(s) of offer; and

  • Results of public examination(s) / international test(s) as indicated in the application form or uploaded via the “Online Document Upload System”

Below are examples of the required results

  • Public examination results

    • GCE A-/AS-Level or International Advanced/AS Level

    • IB Diploma - Authorize the University to access their IB results from IBO

  • International test results
    • SAT / AP / TOEFL – Result of all sittings sat should be sent to the University directly by the examination board (the code of HKU is 9671) (Screen capture will not be accepted)
    • IELTS – Result issued by the examination board

  • Other results
    • Transcript issued by university/community college with final examination results and degree/sub-degree awarded (if applicable)

    • Australia– ATAR or UA

    • Canada – Final grade 12 high school result issued by Ministry of Education

What is official document?

Official Document

  • proof issued by the authority concerned.


  • Issued and sealed by school/institution/exam board signed by appropriate official 

  • or directly sent to the University by the institutions concerned


Photocopies of official documents will not be accepted unless they are officially certified

Officially Certified Document

  • Photocopies of your original documents (transcripts or examination results) that are certified by the issuing authority concerned, or a school principal, or a notary public

Example of Notary Public

  • District Office in Hong Kong - You can make declarations of your documents here (location)

Note: Submitted documents (including original copy) will NOT be returned to the student

The University of Hong Kong