Applying through CEDARS

PRC nationals with permanent residency in an overseas country

Step 1

You can send your completed set of student visa application to CEDARS by email for checking.

Exchange/Visiting programme:

Full-degree programme:

Elective/short term programme:

Step 2

After receiving suggested revisions to your forms and documents from CEDARS, you can send your completed set of student visa application by courier to the Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS), 3/F Meng Wah Complex, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong.

Step 3

Once your student visa application set has reached CEDARS, we will send you an email acknowledgment.

Step 4

Upon receipt of a photocopy of your admission letter and the complete set of student  visa application, CEDARS will act as your visa sponsor and forward your visa application document to the Hong Kong Immigration Department. Normally, the Hong Kong Immigration Department will inform CEDARS of your student visa application result in around 8 - 10 weeks^. If the Hong Kong Immigration Department approves your student visa application, CEDARS will pick up the visa label and send it to you by courier. CEDARS will confirm the delivery address with you via email before arranging courier service.

^ Subject to the decision of the Hong Kong Immigration Department, the processing time may be longer for individual cases.


Step 5

After receiving your student visa label, you must stick it onto your passport page before landing in Hong Kong.

The University of Hong Kong