PRC Student New Visa Application
A first-time applicant applying for a visa for entry of study in Hong Kong (PRC Nationals)
1. Application for Entry for Study in Hong Kong Form (ID 995A)
Print page 1 - 4 on one side A4 white paper. Ensure the barcode is clearly shown at the bottom of each page.
Complete and submit all column on page 1 - 4 only (except part 3 on Page 2).
Sign on every page as required on the bottom right corner.
Affix one recent original photo according to the instruction shown on page 2. Printed photo is not acceptable.
CAO will not process and sponsor dependent visa application. Applicant may arrange visa(s) for his/her accompanying dependant(s) separately. For details, please refer to the Application for Residence as Dependants and Guidebook on ImmD website (Click Here)
4. A photocopy of Firm Admission Offer Letter or Conditional Admission Offer Letter from HKU and signed reply slip;
5. A photocopy of PRC Identity Card;
6. A photocopy of Census Record【常住人口登記】;
7. A photocopy of financial proof;
ImmD is strict about the financial documents. Applicant must show to have an ability to afford the costs of education and living expenses in Hong Kong. To establish the evidence of financial resources, applicant should submit one of, or a combination of the following:
(1) Proof of liquid assets;
Up-to-date bank records (bank statements or passbook or bankbook), and/or a personal certificate of saving/fixed deposit of your own/financial sponsor with a bank stamp.
Please note the wealth management products are not acceptable.
(2) Tax receipts and salary slips, employment letters;
(3) Award letter of financial aid or scholarship.
There is no minimum requirement of the deposit amount. According to past experience, applicant should possess around RMB 100,000 - 150,000 for studies. However, this amount is for applicant's reference only. The final approval should be made by ImmD.
ImmD will not accept any on-line/website printed version of banking statement as the financial proof.
8. A photocopy of Census Record of applicant’s financial sponsor (If applicant has a financial sponsor);
9. Part-time Programme details (If the applicant is a part-time student);
It should at least include the following points: (1) Teaching timetable, and (2) Course description
10. Academic certificate (If the applicant is a part-time student);
11. Letter from applicant’s employer supporting applicant's study (If applicant is a part-time.
For more information, please visit HKU China Affairs Office Website